RIFC - Rhode Island Film Collaborative - Independent Films and Filmmakers in RI



Filmaking Through Community

 


Saturday, September 8, 2007

NFS is Seeking Actors & Crew For a Short Film

This comes to us from Paige Kane:

Hello,

I am writing to ask you if you would like to join me in working on a film project. And, to also ask if you know of someone that would be interested in working on a film project?

The Newport Film Salon is gearing up to produce its next short film project, an adaptation of this year’s winning screenplay “Saving Place.” The story revolves around three grown children who must decide on how to divide family property following the unexpected death of their mother.

The Newport Film Salon (NFS) is a non-profit organization created to help produce independent films in and around Newport, RI. The idea is to establish a common ground where those with diverse skills and interests can meet, network and collaborate on the art of filmmaking – even if you have nothing more than a good attitude and a desire to learn! If you would like to learn more about the salon - you can check it out at www.newportfilmsalon.org

We are looking to fill some key roles as well as a few secondary roles. We would also like to invite anyone who is just starting out in production and would like to learn more. We are asking ask that a few of the people assigned to key production roles - also fill the role of mentor. These mentors will then be paired with a “student” that will be by their side - mostly to help but also to learn.

This year's production is a short film - that will be shot on digital video, on location in Newport, RI over a period of 3 or 4 weekends and/or weeknights. We plan to begin shooting in late-September through October.

Below I have listed a number of Production Roles that we will need to filled ASAP. Please let me know if you are interested in ANY capacity or if you know someone that may be interested. Also, Please feel free to pass this email along, on my behalf. And, because this is a non-profit organization - it is assumed that you would be offering your services voluntarily.

Please contact me directly by email or cell if you are interested and available in participating in this project. I will then put you in touch with the Producer of the film, Dorria Marsh. I will not assume any roles are "officially filled" unless we have spoken.

Thank you for your time and interest and I look forward to hearing from you!

Paige Kane, NFS

paige@newportfilmsalon.org
(401)662-9084

NFS - 2007 Film Project Roles
Executive Producer: Paige Kane
Producer: Dorria Marsh
Director: Paige Kane
DP: David Garfield
Writer: Susan Ginn
Music: Chris O'Loughlin
Editor: Rick Boghosian
Assist Editor: NEED
Lead Sound technician w/ gear: NEED
Assist Sound tech: NEED
Key Grip:NEED
Assist Grip:NEED
Casting: Paige Kane
Casting Assist: Ann O’Brien
Associate Producer: NEED
Script Supervisor: NEED
Continuity: NEED
Set Design/ Set Dresser: Ann O'Brien
Wardrobe: Ann O'Brien

Set Photographer: Sarah McLean
Make up: n/a
Craft Services Coordinator:NEED
P.A.(2): NEED

This is a non RIFC Production.

1 Comments:

Blogger KJB said...

Hi, my name is Kevin Bloom and I am a senior at Narragansett High School. Currently in order to graduate one must complete a year long senior project. I have decided to do something in the field of films. Ever since I was a little kid I have had a love for movies. I would be willing to help out in any way I could, and if you could refer me to someone who would be willing to help me as my mentor that would be terrific. I would greatly appreciate a response soon. Thank you for your time.

Email: kevinjbloom@gmail.com
Phone: 401-575-7026

September 11, 2007 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home