RIFC - Rhode Island Film Collaborative - Independent Films and Filmmakers in RI



Filmaking Through Community

 


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

About The Actors Group

This comes to us from Mark Fogarty:

To RIFC and the Actors Group:

I was able to have part of my script Smalltown read at the actors group on Tuesday night. Over twenty actors showed up and each person read two scenes from the screenplay. By the end of the night, I had seen a huge chunk of the movie played out for me.

Nowhere else in the country is there a film community this open and giving. Everyone in the actors group was completely supportive of one another and everyone came ready to play. The environment was so open and inviting, everyone was able to let go of their inhibitions and give it their all. I was really amazed at how much talent everyone displayed. Their readings really brought the script to life.

I have often heard casting directors say they are going to get New York actors which has always pissed me off, as if paying too much for a place in New York makes you a better actor. If any Hollywood casting director had been at that meeting, they would know that there is no need to look anywhere else; the talent is right here.

Thanks to all who showed up on Tuesday for playing with me, and thanks to the Actors Group for inviting me,

Sincerely,

Mark Fogarty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home