RIFC - Rhode Island Film Collaborative - Independent Films and Filmmakers in RI



Filmaking Through Community

 


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CHILDREN OF THE DNIPRO

From: Playwright and Screenwriter David Eliet
:david.eliet@gmail.com
On June 4th, I will open my new show, CHILDREN OF THE DNIPRO, which was written when I was on an Edward Albee Playwriting Fellowship last summer. I am hoping you will be able to attend.

This particular project is very important to me personally. As most of you know, I have spent almost two years in Ukraine. The project evolved out of life stories I heard when I was there and my own growing understanding of what had happened in the 1930's and the effect those events had on modern day Ukrainian culture and politics. (The Dnipro by the way is the main riverthat flows from North to South in Ukraine.)

I have assembled a wonderful group of actors Peter Deffet, Luis Astudillo, Patricia Thomas, Andrew Stigler, Jim Sullivan and Kristina Drager.

The show will be presented at The Perishable Theatre, 95 Empire Street, in Providence, Thursdays though Sundays for two weeks June 4 to June 14. TIckets are $15.00 and $10 for students and seniors. Curtain for all performances is 8:00 p.m. You can e-mail your reservation requests directly to me, or use the phone number .

David Eliet
(401) 632-1263
(This is not an RIFC Production)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home